THE K.V.S CLUB INC.
General Rifle Range Rules
· Ranges are for use by members and invited guests only, except for events open to the public. Members must have guests read these range rules and supervise their guests during shooting.
· All members MUST HAVE MEMBERSHIP ID and sign the range log book when they visit the range.
· The range is open for shooting between sunrise and sunset unless posted.
· Double check firearms, immediately upon arriving at, and prior to departing the Club, that it is unloaded.
· Firearms may only be loaded at the firing line.
· Eye and ear protection must be worn on firing lines.
· When more than one shooter is on a range, appoint a Range Officer. The declared Range Officer is responsible for the safety of the range and gives the commands to “commence fire” and “cease fire”.
· The range officer shall ensure that all firearms are unloaded during a cease-fire and not handled.
· Holstered handguns must be unloaded, and uncocked, with any magazine removed, until made ready to fire.
· Keep firearm actions open except when shooting or holstering.
· Never shoot at target stands, props, cans, glass bottles, or anything that may cause dangerous debris or bullet ricochets.
· No metal swinging targets.
· No horseplay, careless handling of firearms, nor any other distraction while shooting is in progress.
· No person impaired by alcohol or drugs may handle firearms.
· You must shoot directly into mound with all firearms to avoid dangerous ricochets.